Saturday, October 25, 2014

My Costume is My Face! Feminine Owl Makeup

My next makeup look in my 'My Face Is My Costume' series is this owl look! It took me about 30 minutes to do this realistic yet soft and feminine owl look. Read on to see how I achieved this! 
Above are the products I used! Makeup Geek eyeshadows in Creme Brulee, Beaches & Cream, and Cocoa Bear, my Stila 'Mind' palette, liquid eyeliner, UD eyeliners in 'Smog' and 'Demolition' and my trusty NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in 'Milk.'
First I defined my brows with a dark brown and extended the outer ends straight out toward my hair line and the inner corner down the sides of my nose and then forming the little beak tip in the center. from there I used my Milk eye pencil in Milk to draw the two big circles around my eyes
I used Demolition (a dark brown) eye pencil to outline the white circles using feathering motions. Then I used lighter colored liners to make smaller circles around my eyes to give a feathered effect. Finally I used a liquid eyeliner to extend my liner inter a thick wing as well as extending it inward to a point at my tear duct. I used a brown lipstick for my lipstick.
Overall I really like the way this cute owl look turned out! It took me about 20 minutes to complete all with makeup I had in my stash. No feathers or special effects needed to create an adorable yet feminine look! Hoot Hoot!

Check out my other posts from this Halloween makeup series!
Shattered Doll
Lion

1 comment: