Saturday, June 30, 2012

Book Haul!

I went to Barnes & Noble and picked up two new books that I am so so so excited to dive into.  I'm completely taking the opportunity of being on Summer vacation to get lost in books again.  I love reading so much but when I'm at college, I get insanely busy with class work and reading my text books that I can't really keep up with reading for pleasure. That being said I am looking forward to rediscovering my love for reading :)
First book I picked up:




Divergent by Veronica Roth.  I have heard nothing but good things about this book (first in a trilogy) and I can not wait to to get sucked in!Also this book can now be found in paperback.  I prefer paperbacks when I read and also they are cheaper than hardback covers.

The next book I picked up:


Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater.  This book is a different genre than what I normally read. It's a love story about a girl and a werewolf.  I'm not usually into paranormal romance like vampire diaries or House of Night, but I did enjoy Twilight when I read that series in high school. The cover art also definitely caught my eye. I know you're not supposed to judge a book by its cover but...whoops. Guilty! I figured I'd give this book a try since I've heard some good things and hey, I'm in a romance kind of mood :)
I'll make sure to post reviews as I finish these books!

Any recommendations for great summer reads?

No comments:

Post a Comment