Saturday, June 23, 2012

My Favorite MAC Eyeshadows

MAC does eyeshadows right!  They are beautifully pigmented and very easy to use and there is also a huge selection of colors.  I really enjoy reading about other people's favorite colors so it makes it a little easier to navigate through the wide selection when you're in a store.  It can be overwhelming to try and pick a color out of so many.  Its easier when you have an idea of colors you might want to try out at a store, so I thought I'd share my favorites to hopefully lend some inspiration. On to the first four!
Top: Mulch; Left: Satin Taupe; Right: Twinks; Bottom: Mythology
 Mulch is one of the first colors I purchased. Its a medium/dark brown with gold shimmer in it making it very warm.  I love popping a bit of this color in my crease.
Satin Taupe is a favorite for many.  It is such a beautiful color and flattering on so many different eye colors and skin shades.  It is a purpley brown taupe color with silver metallic through out it.  It is so so beautiful in the crease when you're going for a cooler look.
Twinks I like to think of as a warm version of satin taupe.  It is a purpley brown and is really lovely in the crease when paired with gold or pink on the lid.
Mythology is a perfect peachy gold.  It's almost rose gold and perfect on the lid for a very warm, Goddess inspired look.
From left: Mulch, Satin Taupe, Twinks, Mythology
This picture of Mulch kind of looks ugly haha but I promise its beautiful :)
And my next batch of favorites:
Top: Woodwinked, Middle left to right: All That Glitters, Dazzlelight, Expensive Pink, Bottom Row: Naked Lunch, Jest
 Woodwinked is my all time favorite eyeshadow. It is the first color I purchased along with Mulch and so maybe that's why I have such a soft spot for it. It is a gorgeous gold color and is my favorite color for my lid. It's perfect and is amazingly pigmented. I recommend this color more than any other eyeshadow.
All That Glitters is a very pretty pinky light brown.  Its a beautiful lid color for a toned down look
Dazzlelight is my favorite brow highlight from MAC. It looks like it is straight white in the pan but it comes off a little pink when applied and it is quite shimmery. When you look at it in the sun it has purple and beige metallics coming off of it! Its gorgeous.
Expensive Pink is a very elaborate peach color. It's so lovely when you're in the sun and it reflects differently at different angles.  Very pretty!
Naked Lunch is another cult favorite. It comes off super light and true to its color in the pan.  A pleasant highlighter.
Jest is the prettiest pink I think! It has a lot of shimmer and sheen to it when applied. Perfect for all over lid color and then with a purple or brown in the crease.
Left to right: Woodwinked, All That Glitters, Dazzlelight, Expensive Pink, Naked Lunch, Jest
I hope this was helpful! In essence I've created my own version of the Naked palette with all my neutral color selections from MAC! Sorry I'm not better at describing colors--That was actually pretty difficult and did you notice that every color is so 'pretty' or 'gorgeous'? haha oh well :)

What are your favorite eyeshadow colors?

No comments:

Post a Comment