Saturday, June 23, 2012

Review: Maybelline New York Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer


I pulled a coupon out of a magazine for a Maybelline concealer, powder, or blush.  I'm comfortable with my blush collection and powders so concealer it is! I have yet to find my holy grail concealer product so I thought I would give this one a try. It is an illuminator/highlighter so the goal is to not just conceal but also brighten your face. I'm a HUGE sucker for highlighting products since I have pretty dry skin. I love love love the look of a dewy, glowy, finish:

The color I got was 'Radiant.'  The product comes out from the brush tip when you twist the bottom.  The product is super lightweight and what I like about it is that it blends into your skin rather than sitting on top of it.  My problem area is my under eye circles.  When a product sits on top of your under eyes, rather than toning down the purple, it really only draws attention to the fact you're trying to conceal an imperfection! No good.
This product reminds me of the best seller from YSL, the Touche Eclat in 'Radiant Touch':
I've only ever swatched the YSL product at Sephora, but with a hefty price tag of $40, I'm not sure if I'll ever make the splurge.
I've used the Maybelline concealer a couple times on my under eyes and though I do enjoy the brightening effect it has, it doesn't do a fantastic job at concealing.  It certainly tones down the dark circles but it doesn't hide them.  To give you an idea, I did a little experiment with a lip stain:
Lip stain on left, same lip stain with concealer on it on right
I used a pink lip stain and made two swatches on my hand and I covered the right one up with the concealer.  As you can see, the concealer doesn't completely mask the pink, however it does an okay job.  The final verdict: Though the concealer doesn't completely hide everything, I appreciate that it covers moderately while remaining lightweight as well as highlighting.
I will continue to use this product as I continue to search for my holy grail concealer!

No comments:

Post a Comment