Friday, June 22, 2012

NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils...a little late boarding this train!

When I went to Ulta yesterday in pursuit of nail polish happiness, I saw that NYX was having buy one get one 50% off on all their products. I wandered into the aisle (of course!) and started playing with the Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils and after hearing non stop from gurus on Youtube about the wonders of these inexpensive beauties, I decided to take advantage of the sale and make a purchase....or two:
Top: Milk, Bottom: Yogurt
I bought the much talked about color 'Milk' as well as the color 'Yogurt' because I thought it was so darn pretty. Milk is a creamy white that is completely opaque with one light glide of the pencil. I used it today as my inner corner highlight and it looked great making my eyes look brighter and more awake.  Yogurt is a gorgeous rose gold.  It's very creamy and, just like Milk, completely opaque with one swipe.
I used Yogurt today by putting it under my lower lash line just to add a pinch o' shine to my makeup look.  Verdict so far: I really like these! I'm looking forward to experimenting with these and seeing if they make good all over lid colors, bases, highlighters....whatever I wanna try out! We'll see if I invest in any more of these bad boys. These are not hard on the wallet at all either! My Ulta had them priced at about $4.00 each and again, it was buy one get one half off. The only thing is they are entirely plastic so I'm not sure how to go about sharpening the pencil when the product runs down:
Experimenting ensues!!!

Have you tried these pencils? What are your favorite colors?

2 comments:

  1. I have Milk and Lavender. I love Milk to brighten my eyes and Lavender looks great underneath Stars n' Rockets eyeshadow by MAC. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I've looked at the lavender pencil every time I've gone into Ulta bc its SO pretty and I've looked at Stars n' Rockets every time I've gone into MAC not thinking I could rock it...now I want to get both products for sure! Thanks for the tip!

      Delete