Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Erase Paste Concealer by Benefit

Did you know that the 'f' in Benefit stands for 'fun?'  They certainly have the cutest and most fun packaging!! I'm always drawn to the Benefit section in Sephora and Ulta because of the fun packaging and bright colors, but I really haven't tried many of their products. I was recommended to try their 'Erase Paste' concealer by a past employee, so I thought I'd give this a shot and see if there is some quality product underneath all of the adorableness.  
Inside the little pinky purple box is a lesson right on top to teach you how to correctly use this concealer.  
The box also contains a tiny spoon to scoop out product if you don't like the hygienic implications behind dipping your finger in the same pot over and over again.  I myself will admit that I don't mind dipping my finger in to get product out so the spatula won't be useful until there isn't much product left and I'm scraping out of the crevices!
I picked the color Medium (no. 2). There are only two shades available for this concealer which is definitely a downside if neither of the colors work well for you.  This concealer is meant to be a brightening product which is why there is such a limited color selection.  The concealer is a salmony pink color rather than color matching to your skin.
This concealer is SUPER creamy and easy to blend on the skin.  I recommend applying it with your fingertips because the warmth from your fingers helps melt the product onto your skin, further blending it in.  Since it is a creamy product, setting it with a light powder will keep it from creasing or sliding around. 
I learned a little trick while buying this as I was complaining about my dark under-eye circles.  The tip is to layer or mix concealers! I never thought of doing this before as I was worried about creating some serious cakiness on my skin, but it makes so much sense! Laying down a skin tone concealer on its own does a pretty good job of covering the dark circles, however it can leave an ashy-gray tone behind since it can't completely cancel out the purple.  Putting a highlighting pinky concealer on top brings liveliness back to the skin color! 
The top picture above is my blank skin.  The second picture is with Maybelline Fit Me concealer in Light (a nude concealer).  The third picture is with Benefit Erase Paste added on top of the Maybelline Concealer.  It does a great job with further canceling out the purple tones of  my undereye area.

For some reason this concealer gets a bad rap from what I've read in other reviews online.  I recommend trying this out in the store layered on top of a nude concealer because I'm telling you, this stuff works! Benefit can be found in Sephora, Ulta, some department stores and a few free standing stores in America. It costs $26 for 0.15oz of product.

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment