Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Review: L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm 'Rose Elixir'

Today's review is of the L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm in the color 'Rose Elixir.' I totally didn't go into the store expecting to pick out this product but it caught my eye! Just look at the pretty packaging!
It's packaging like this that reminds me L'Oreal owns YSL... this packaging is so reminiscent of the YSL lip product packaging with the shiny gold tube and twist up product... it feels so luxurious especially considering it was under $6! 
This product is a balm which means it is a sheer wash of color with an extremely moisturizing finish.  I'm in love with the color of this product and the moisture it leaves behind...it's amazing.  
You can see how sheer this color is in the picture above.  It really just adds a slight tint.  The selling point of this product is the moisturizing finish it leaves behind. I don't think I need to lament my nasty-ass chapped lips anymore on this blog as I've done that plenty already...but they be nasty. And chapped. And this product provides them with a bit of relief.  My one complaint is that the moisturizing effect only lasts about two hours. The great thing though is that since the color is such a sheer pigment, you don't need a mirror to reapply!!

The last great thing about this product is the smell. Usually all L'Oreal products make me want to run away screaming...they smell so stinky! The lipsticks smell like play-doh roses--I just honestly hate them and the smell is the reason why you never see L'Oreal lipsticks reviewed on this blog. I can't get past it.
The smell of this balm, however, is UH-MAZE-ZING.  It smells like marshmallows! Seriously! And the sweet scent lingers on your lips. Everything about this product gets a massive thumbs up from me. I wish it lasted a little longer but I can't expect these lips of mine not to soak up every last bit of delicious moisture this balm provides!
Do your lips a favor and grab this inexpensive colored balm. I'm lovin it!
xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment