Friday, August 1, 2014

Stila Lip Glaze Trio 'Read My Lips'

Stila is a brand I have very little experience with! Apart from their famous liquid eyeliner and 'Kitten' eyeshadow, I haven't tried any other Stila products. I saw this trio of lip glazes at the checkout line at Ulta and for only $12, I decided to give them a go!
I got the trio 'Read My Lips' which includes a bright pink called 'Pink Punch,' a light nude called 'Pina Colada,' and an apricot color called 'Creamsicle.'  The glazes come in plastic twist up packaging with brush tip applicators.  You twist the bottoms until a nice bead of product is at the top.  These lip products are glazes because they are VERY sheer. They leave a hint of color and a lot of glitter and sparkle! Here are they are swatched on my hand in the same order as they are in the picture above:
Very light wash of color, but very shiny and gelly-like in finish.  I like these because they layer on top of vibrant lipsticks with out changing the tone of the color. They simply add a layer of sparkle and shine!! They also smell and taste very sweet, like LipSmackers lip gloss!
This is "Pink Punch' layered on top of MAC Angel lipstick.  The glaze is very sticky so doesn't slide or wear off the lips easily.  Be careful with your hair, however, because it will get stuck on your lips on a windy day!!

Overall I love these glazes because they are different than any other gloss I have in my collection.  Their sheer coverage and long-wearing power make them a versatile product that I can easily reach for on any given day.  Thumbs up for Stila!! I'm excited to check out more Stila products in the future.
xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment