Wednesday, August 13, 2014

My Boyfriend Picks Out My Makeup! Featuring MAC Patisserie Lipstick and Floating Lotus Lipgloss

In an attempt to include my boyfriend, Lucas, in my hobby (...okay, obsession) with all things makeup related, I decided to do something fun! Well, at least I thought it was going to be fun... I gave Lucas enough cash for a MAC lipstick and asked him to go in to the store and pick out a lipstick for me to wear on our date Saturday night. I told him what my favorite finish was (lustre) and the name of 3 lipsticks to avoid as I have brand new tubes of them.  Lucas agreed and hesitantly wandered in.  He walked out with the lipstick 'Patisserie,' a soft muted pink that I had never heard of before! He also surprised me with a Cremesheen Glass (my favorite gloss!) in the color 'Floating Lotus.'
'Floating Lotus' is seriously gorgeous.  It is a bright peachy pink with a ton of shimmer running through it. It's a gloss I've had my eye on for years but have never just gone out and purchased!

'Patisserie' was such a surprise to me! I have never heard any hype around this lipstick but it has quickly become my favorite color.  It's one of those perfect colors that you don't need a mirror to apply since it is so neutral, but it bumps your lips up a notch on days where you don't feel like wearing a bright color. It is an awesome everyday color.
I was worried at first that 'Floating Lotus' might not look great paired with 'Patisserie' since it looks so bright in the tube, but after swatching them I can see that they so clearly belong together! Go Lucas! They both have a soft pink, mauvey tone to them that makes them complimentary.  
Blank lips on top, lips with Floating Lotus on bottom
Blank lips on top, Patisserie lipstick on bottom
Floating Lotus layered on Patisserie lipstick
Overall, Lucas managed to pick out such a beautiful lipstick and lipgloss combination! Unfortunately, there's some bad news to this otherwise charming tale. The girls at MAC were apparently not very friendly to Lucas which made me feel like I threw him to the wolves!!  I thought that when the MAC girls saw a guy walk in they would immediately go over to help him out but instead, he was completely ignored when he first walked in followed by berated when he started touching and swatching the lipsticks.

 I'm so letdown by MAC!  What was supposed to be a fun activity ended up being an awkward and uncomfortable experience...but at the end of the day it leaves me all the more surprised and impressed that Lucas managed to pick out such beautiful colors with out any help! Who needs help anyhow?? Apparently after the berating, another employee tried to jump in to help Lucas apologizing for the other employee's behavior, and Lucas basically just said 'nah, I got this. Don't need your help.'
Hell yeah! I knew I picked a good one :)

I recommend this lipstick and lipgloss both separately and as a combo wholeheartedly and if you're thinking about doing something like this with your SO, I suggest going into the store with them to act as a buffer from potentially rude employees!

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment