Monday, August 4, 2014

Steph Reads: We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

This story is about a king and his princesses.
It's about a serial killer and his victims.
It's about an under the sea creature who befriends a land animal.
It's a who-dunnit surrounding the death of a golden retriever.

Okay, so I lied. Or did I? This story instructs me to do one thing, and one thing only, which is to lie.
With out giving away too much of the story, this novel is a coming of age story about 4 teens who spend their Summers on an island owned by the wealthy Sinclair family.  After a mysterious accident, the protagonist Cadence must unravel the truth about the Liars.

Some people are really touched by this story and feel a strong connection to it.  I enjoyed it and liked the surprise of an ending,but I didn't grow attached to any of the characters. This isn't a book I would read again but I recommend to anyone looking for a quick and interesting read.  This story is certainly different from anything I've read before!


Check out my other Steph Reads posts!
The Husband's Secret by Lianne Moriarty
Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
What Alice Forgot by Lianne Moriarty
Uninvited by Sophie Jordan
Splintered by AG Howard
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
Beneath the Glitter by Elle and Blair Fowler

No comments:

Post a Comment