Sunday, May 4, 2014

bareMinerals Ready 4.0 Eyeshadow in 'The Truth'

Today's review is of an eyeshadow quad by bareMinerals, a brand I have had very little exposure to and was excited to check out.  I mainly purchased this eyeshadow quad because one of my favorite beauty girls on youtube, MakeupbyTiffanyD, recommended it and she is always spot on with her eyeshadow recommendations.
The envelope style packaging is super unique! It has NOTHING to do with the shadow but I like it, along with the 'Ready' written when you open it up. So definitive!
The compact is pretty sizable and is made of matte, black, rubberized packaging similar to NARS. Pro: It looks super sleek and expensive. Con: It gets dirty so fast! It was already kind of dirty when I took it out of the sleeve for the first time. 
Oh, hello! Open up the compact and there's a nice big mirror inside! Love it! The eyeshadows aren't huge (about the size of a nickel), and honestly this compact could have been a lot smaller given their size. This compact also comes with the dreaded sponge tip applicator which is just wasted space in my opinion. 
Here are the shadows. This palette is very gray and cool-toned which is why I purchased it. I've recently come to find that I love gray toned neutrals as opposed to brown and tan neutrals for my skintone. They are really easy to transition from day to night.
Serendipitous is a champagne highlight color with a satin finish. Magnetism is a perfect taupe with a buttery satin finish. Fate is a cool toned brown with the least sheen of all the colors. Apropos is a purplish gray that has silver flecks in it. These silver pieces do not transfer to the lid, however.
These shadows are all so buttery soft and they blend like a dream. So far, I'm in love. The one interesting thing I would say is that the colors swatch far warmer than they look in the pan. This concerned me at first because the mix of warm and cool tones I thought may look a bit muddy on the lid. However, the shadows manage to still look beautiful.
The bareMinerals 4.0 eyeshadow quads are $30 for 5g of product. That breaks down to 1.25g per shadow which is really close to a standard eyeshadow size (MAC Eyeshadows are 1.5g of product) so I think the $30 price tag is fair and actually a bit inexpensive considering the quality of the shadows! 

I don't know if I'll be purchasing other quads from bareMinerals as none of the other colors jumped out at me, but I definitely think this quad will be a staple in my collection!

What do you think of bareMinerals?
xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment