Monday, May 5, 2014

NOTD: Essie 'Watermelon'

This poor, poor nail polish. This nail polish is one of my oldest and most abused bottles! It is Essie's 'Watermelon,' a reddish raspberry color:
Look at all that paint on the bottle! This polish didn't travel well with me last time I moved as I must not have closed the cap all the way...whoops! Another reason why I feel bad for this polish? I NEVER grab for it because when I wear it I'm ALWAYS disappointed. I want this color to be a pinky bright raspberry color and it looks like it would be like that from the color in the bottle. Unfortunately, this color always shows up as a basic red to me unless I'm in very specific lighting and am looking very carefully.
I've had this polish for so long that its gotten quite thick and is hard to work with. There is a redeeming quality to this poor color though! It doesn't chip. Period. I wore this polish for 4 days and it didn't budge so there's that!  Overall, there isn't anything really wrong with this color and in fact its really nice due to its chip resistant quality. It's just that its not quite what I'm expecting when I put it on.

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment