Monday, July 21, 2014

How I Use: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in 'Milk'

I love talking about the inexpensive secret weapons I keep in my makeup arsenal! One that I've kept in my stash for a long time is the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in 'Milk.'
This eye pencil is a super pigmented white and is very creamy making it easy to blend and use.  I like to use it for a couple purposes, mainly for eye makeup.  It is great to use as a foundation for your highlight. I like to put some of this on my inner corner and browbone:
I blend it out and then add my shadow. The milk pencil underneath makes it pop that much more! This is a super helpful trick for those sleepy mornings that you need an extra pick-me-up.  The other use for this pencil is to swipe it all over the eye before putting on a particularly glittery or chunky eyeshadow.  This creaminess of this pencil mixes with the shadow and changes the texture to more of a satiny finish instead of glittery and also makes the color pop a bit more since it's layered over white:
On the left is Smashbox's 'Flirt' eyeshadow on my skin and on the right is the same shadow layered over 'Milk' eye pencil.  It makes the color so much more vibrant and smooth!

The last use for this pencil that I have is for costume purposes! A thick, white, pigmented liner is so useful for different looks. I did a comic book character look recently and the white pencil came in handy for the cartoon lips:
This eye pencil is not good for certain things such as being an eyeliner since it is such a thick pencil and it is creamy, but for all your other white makeup needs it does the trick!

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils cost about $3 each and can be found at Ulta and where ever NYX is sold!

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment