Thursday, July 10, 2014

Review: Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

The Rimmel London display is always so tantalizing to me when I'm at the drugstore! The products are inexpensive, wrapped up in my favorite color (purple lovers, heyyyyy!), and many are raved about by beauty gurus everywhere! I wanted to try out a new Summer foundation as my beloved Revlon is running low. I decided to try this Rimmel Stay Matte Mousse Foundation as I recall a couple good reviews and for only about $6 for an ounce, this stuff sure is budget friendly.
I really like the tube packaging of this product, similar to my Smashbox BB cream and beloved Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation. You get the expected 1fl oz of product in this tube.  I really enjoy the graphics and appearance of this product on my makeup vanity! Something about it looks really neat and cute. The actual product itself can be squeezed easily out of the screw off top:
The product is very thick and mousse-like.  The mousse consistency makes it so this foundation has NO shine to it whatsoever! I found the best way to apply this was to dot my chin, cheeks, nose, and forehead with this and then blend from the center of my face outward using my RealTechniques expert face brush. The results:
This foundation does a great job at mattifying the face which is what I'm looking for in the Summertime. It also does some pretty great color correcting and concealing which leads me to label this as a medium coverage foundation.  I LOVE the finish this foundation gives the skin, as it sets up to an almost powdery feeling and appearing finish creating a blurring effect on any imperfections. I set this foundation with the Rimmel Stay Matte powder and I was good to go for about 6 hours before I needed any powder touch-ups on shiny areas!
This foundation was also super comfortable to wear through out the day. It didn't give me a greasy, sliding around my face feel that other foundations can give me in the Summer. I don't know if this will be the best foundation for Fall and Winter, as the mattifying effect may be a little too intense for dryer skin, but for now this stuff is perfection!

I would definitely repurchase this product!

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment