Saturday, July 19, 2014

Review: L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

I've been trying out this mascara for about two months and I have some pretty definitive thoughts about it! It is the L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly mascara, and, to be completely honest, I bought it because I love butterflies.  I also really like the silver and black packaging. I think it looks quite elegant and sleek on my makeup vanity.
The mascara is labeled as Butterfly mascara because of the wand. It is a four-combed wand; two of the combs have longer plastic spindles that taper off to short ones, and two of the combs are short plastic spindles for your lower lashes.  The formula of this mascara is fairly wet when applied, but it dries very quickly. 
Here are my au natural eyelashes:
And here we are with one coat of the mascara applied:
I found this mascara super easy to apply as the curved wand fits my eye shape really well.  This mascara really bumps up the volume of your lashes at their roots and then separates the lashes at the tips. I do think this mascara gives a winged effect to the lashes. 
I really like this mascara! My one complaint is that it has a smell...it smells like artificial roses, or like really old makeup.  It's kind of odd but you can only smell it while you're applying and then it goes away.

I would definitely repurchase this mascara in the future!
xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment