Saturday, July 12, 2014

New Favorite: Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette

When I bought the bulk of my eyeshadows in my collection I was all about the glitter and shimmer! I have a TON of pretty shades but not a lot of matte shadows that will create a pretty, sophisticated, and basic look. I thought the least expensive and quickest way to get me a nice array of shadows would be to purchase the Naked Basics palette by Urban Decay. 
This little palette was so perfect for what I needed! It was $28 at Sephora for 6, 1.5g eyeshadows (for reference that is the same size as Urban Decay single pot shadows, the shadows in the Naked palettes, and MAC single eyeshadows). 
The colors from left to right are Venus, the only shimmery shade in the palette that is a great highlighter; Foxy, a yellowy bone-toned highlighter; Walk of Shame, a beigey pink shade; Naked2, a  taupe gray shade; Faint, a deep brown color; and Crave, a blackest black charcoal color.
All of these shades are buttery soft to the touch except for Crave which feels like a piece of charcoal. I don't mind it, though, because I think the texture helps make it so inky black! These shadows work so wonderfully on their own for an all matte, sophisticated look, and they also work fantastically to begin a look which you can add shimmer or colors to later.  This little palette is a seriously amazing addition to my makeup collection because I feel like I can just use this little guy for a work or school-appropriate eyeshadow look.  No fuss of reaching for a bunch of different palettes since everything I need is all in one place!

I highly recommend this little palette for its practicality, quality, and affordability.

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment