Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Review: LA Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer

The LA Girl Pro Conceal Concealer is under the magnifying glass today, folks! This cheap and hard to find concealer is often raved about and compared to MAC concealer, so about a week ago I decided that I had to try this out! I found this concealer on Amazon for only $2 plus $2.99 for shipping. I was of course skeptical of the huge claims and the inexpensive price, but hey, I'm willing to try most anything out...it's just going to have to impress the hell out of me.  So go on, LA Girl...I'm listening.

The product comes in a little  plastic tube that houses 0.25 oz of concealer.  Squeezing the tube pushes some of the concealer out of the brush tip. 
I got the color Classic Ivory and I'm a little disappointed in the color. When buying makeup online, your only option is to look up as many color swatches as possible and of all the ones I saw of this color, I thought it would be far more white and less beige.  
Here is the color swatched next to my other favorite concealers.  From left to right is the LA Girl concealer, NARS radiant creamy concealer in vanilla, Maybelline Fit Me concealer in Fair, and Maybelline Dream Lumi touch concealer in Radiant.  The LA Girl concealer is far thicker and is more of a color match for the Dream Lumi concealer than any of the other ones I own due to its peachy color.
Top: No concealer, Bottom: Concealer under eyes
This concealer blends pretty easily and erases quite a bit of pigment from my undereye area.  It is pretty comfortable to wear all day and lasts a lot longer than my Maybelline Fit Me concealer which can wear off in only a couple hours.  My only real complaint about this concealer is that because of its thickness, if you don't take extra care in blending it in it will crease on your skin after a while.

My final verdict is that I'm not exactly shouting about this product from the rooftops.  It's a pretty good concealer that isn't quite as good as my NARS but also beats out some drugstore options. I really don't like the fact that I have to buy this on Amazon since the brand is so obscure, but I do think I'll buy it again in the future given that with tax and shipping this product only set me back $5.

xxSJ


No comments:

Post a Comment