Friday, February 7, 2014

Review: L'Oreal Lineur Intense Felt Tip Eyeliner in 'Black Mica'

I have recently fallen in love with a liquid eyeliner....an eyeliner this post is not going to be about. Stila's Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner is so amazing and it was all I could use over the summer. Unfortunately, my miracle marker gasped its last little dying breath a week ago so I had to find a replacement... on the pursuit for a cheaper alternative to the Stila $20 pricetag, I picked up the heavily recommended L'Oreal Lineur Intense Felt Tip Eyeliner in the color 'Black Mica:'
I like the look of the packaging as there is no brand on the container whatsoever! That's kind of nice as it gives the product a rather sleek finish. The product is very lightweight and made of plastic, however, so it doesn't necessarily feel as luxurious as it looks.
There is the little felt tip. Something to note is that you do have to re-dip the applicator into the tube to get more product (like a quill and ink!) and for me, there is not enough product in one dip to complete both eyes.
The tip is very flexible as you can see in the above picture from me bending this guy against the lid. This is rather nice because stiff applicators can create a rather wobbly looking line on your eye and they are not quite as forgiving if you make a mistake, which, let's be real, no body's perfect! The flexible tip is definitely a plus.
Here is the color on my hand done in one, rather wobbly, stroke.  The color glides on very smoothly and there are not any transparent spots. I like the application quite a bit! I wanted to compare to some other eyeliners:
The left is the L'Oreal Lineur Intense, the middle is the Stila Stay All Day Waterproof liner, and the right is Urban Decay's Perversion pencil liner. Perversion definitely takes the cake for pigment, but it appeared that the L'Oreal and the Stila liners were actually quite comparable! Could I have found the perfect replacement? Weeeeeelllllll.... not exactly.
I haven't quite gotten used to the applicator tip not being as fine as the Stila marker was, so I find the wing of my eyeliner isn't quite as precise as I would prefer. Perhaps that would take some practice? Additionally, I find when this liner is applied on top of eyeshadow, it takes on a rather gray tinge instead of a pure black pigment... disappointment!

I will say that the liner definitely lasts all day with no flaking so thats great and I will definitely continue to use this product until I find a better replacement...or perhaps I'll bite the $20 bullet and revert back to my Stila ways...either way I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment