Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Too Faced 'La Creme Color Drenched Lip Cream' Review and Swatch

Too Faced just came out with some new lip sticks that are so so lovely! Too Faced claims these lipsticks are a 'moisture rich lotus flower and power peptides' lip product. These lip cremes are super moisturizing yet have the color payoff of a lipstick.
The packaging is so lovely with these lipsticks (as with most Too Faced products). It comes in a pink box with gold embellishments. The tube is a heavy gold metal with 'Too Faced' inscribed on the side. I love that the tube is actually pretty heavy. It makes the product feel very luxurious.
I bought the color in 'Juicy Melons' which is a wearable coral color.
My only packaging complaint would be that if you were to buy multiple colors of this product, you wouldn't be able to tell what color it is from the outside (similar to MAC lipsticks). Not a huge deal...all you have to do is flip over the lipstick to check out the color or store these upside down for a quick grab.
I've been looking for a color like this for a while! A beautiful coral with more pink than orange and perfect for the Summer time. I know the Summer is winding down but I can definitely carry this color over into the Fall.
Swatchy swatch:

This color was achieved in one quick swipe of the lip stick.  Seriously, the pigmentation is amazing and this is the most moisturizing lip product I have (even better than MAC cremesheens). It is so luxuriously smooth but has staying power as well.  Also I love the idea of a product with conditioners in it. I have super dry lips so anything I can wear that will also maintain a healthy appearance (let us all say 'ew' to crackly alligator lips!) is an A+ in my book!
Another great thing about this product: The smell!!! It smells really nice...almost sweet like frosting.  I think its the lotus flower extract that gives this a hint of a nice smell (not overwhelming though!) so you won't get any plastic-y or waxy smell/taste that some lipsticks will give you. 
This product is $21 for 3g and you can buy it at Sephora, Ulta, or anywhere else in your town where Too Faced is sold.
This is my new favorite lipstick so I recommend you check it out next time you're in a store!

What's your favorite coral color?
xxSJ


No comments:

Post a Comment