Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Eyeshadow How-To: Using Too-Faced Natural Eye Palette

Hi everyone! The makeup look my friends request more than any other is how to do a basic neutral eye so I thought I'd share my step by step on how I achieve an everyday neutral look. I only use the Too-Faced Natural Eye palette in this how-to, but you can see the colors I use and you can replicate this using any shadows you own at home! Let's get started! (I'm sorry that my camera isn't very good so it doesn't pick up the colors all that well):



You should start any eyeshadow look by priming your eyes! I used Too-Faced Shadow Insurance.

The first step you want to do for your shadow is dip a dome shaped crease brush into a matte color. This color I'm using is a warm gray, but soft browns are great as well. With the tip of the blending brush, work the color into the crease of your eye until you have the desired amount of depth to your crease. Putting the crease color first will emphasize your crease while also not hiding the lid color!








Next dip a flat shader brush (I'm using a MAC 239) into a lid color. Champagne, gold, light pinks...all of those could work for a neutral eye! I'm using this champagne pink color. Pat the color all over the lid up to the crease.












Next dip your brush in a brighter/sparklier color and place this color on the very center of your eyeball. This will add definition to your eyeshadows and make a light catching effect on the lid.











 Now dip the same dome brush you used earlier into a medium to dark brown (purple works well too!) and work this color into your outer crease. The way I do this as by just putting the very tip of the brush on the area I want to deposit the color and making tiny circular motions. Then I blend it out to as far as I want the color to go by making swiping/wind-shield wiper motions.





 
Don't forget to add a highlight color to underneath your brow bone! This will add definition to your facial structure and some pop to your eye look. This can be done with any matte white or shimmery light color (MAC's Dazzlelight, Shroom, Brule, Urban Decay's Virgin)
The final look! Sorry I look so awkward....trying to take pictures with your eyes closed is hard...haha but you can see the eyeshadow!
I finished off my eye look with some winged out eyeliner and mascara. I also added some blush and a lipgloss to polish off the whole look:
NARS 'Orgasm', Maybelline Illegal Length Mascara, Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner, MAC Lipglass in 'It's A Wow'

Hello face!
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand since you're never fully dressed with out a smile:
Ahhhhhhhhh there we go :) Eyeshadow looks pretty derpy on its own but when everything's all put together it can create a lovely, polished look!
Have an awesome day everyone! Hoped this help and leave suggestions for how to better this type of post in the future! Hope it was okay for my first how to though :)
xx SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment