Wednesday, September 12, 2012

NYX Lipglosses: Rave Review and Pics!

Today I'm reviewing a recent discovery of mine: NYX lipglosses! I got two for my birthday a couple weeks ago and I've been wearing them ever since because they are my new OBSESSION.  Let's start with the packaging:
These glosses come in a smooth container about the same size as a MAC cremesheen gloss. It's a great amount of product: a generous amount but not too much that it would go bad before you can use it up. My favorite part of this product is the top:
It's a little black bow! LOVE. It's a classy lipgloss ;)
A weird thing I like to talk about when discussing lip products is taste and smell. You might not think about it but it's important! You will be smellin this all day and even taste it a little bit too because, well, it's on your mouth. These glosses smell like cherry starburst candy! No joke, it's amazing.  If you don't like cherry or sweet smelling products than this gloss is not for you, but otherwise yummmmmyyyyyyyyyyy.
The first color I got is 'Sweetheart.' It's the lighter of the two glasses. It's a perfect nude pink color.
It's great to put on the center of the lips to create that pouty effect or for all over (as I did in the pic above) for an everyday lip look!
Seeeeeeeeeee? Light pink and shiny.
The other color I got is called 'French Kiss' which is a brighter pink gloss. I love finding wearable bright pink lip colors because it is so on trend to wear a bright color on your lips. However, color can be a tad intimidating so it's great to find a muted version when you're not feeling as daring!
Oh hey lips. How's it goin? Keep in mind these pictures are the lipsticks with out any color underneath!
This lipgloss is a liiiiiiittle bit sticky, but not enough to be bothersome. I like a little bit of stickiness because it helps the gloss stay on your lips longer!
Sweetheart on left, French Kiss on right
Overall I love love love these glosses. NYX is a fairly inexpensive makeup line yet still manages to make quality products! These glosses are great and for about $5 each, I say they're a steal. I think everyone should go out and try the color 'Sweetheart.' It's a perfect neutral color and has definitely turned into a must have item for me!
Backlit. Oh well. My lips are still glossy :)
Hope this review was helpful to everyone and I hope everyone has a zippety-doo-dah day!
Keep smilin!
xxSJ




2 comments:

  1. These look great! You can buy a set of 10 of them at Urban Outfitters for a great deal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness that's awesome thanks for the tip!

      Delete