Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Jordana Easyliner Retractable Pencil for lips in 'Tawny'

Today's review is of a lip pencil from a brand I'm completely new to: Jordana. As far as I have found, this brand is only found at Walgreen's (at least in my neighborhood!). I've been wanting to try this brand out for a while after hearing good things about the fabuliner and lip pencils so when I finally wandered into my local Walgreen's, I knew I wanted to give this a try:
By the way folks, we goin' 70's style with the shaggy brown background for the products.  Anywho, the color I chose is a rosy brown color called 'Tawny.'
The pencil comes to a soft point and is retractable so you don't smush it in the cap. I like how the cap snaps on really securely so you can be sure the cap won't fall off.  The product simply twists up.
Swatched on my skin, I found this color to be a lot lighter than I thought it would be judging from the outer packaging. The pencil is also really soft and applies easily to the skin. This rosy color reminded me a lot of my all time favorite lip liner, 'Dervish' by MAC, so I decided to swatch them side by side:
Tawny is a bit darker and less pink than Dervish but I think they're pretty similar. I love colors like these because they are a very nice natural color on my lips as they are only a few shades darker than my natural lip color.

The top photo is of my lips outlined in Tawny, and the bottom photo is with Hue lipstick by MAC. I think the effect is really pretty and makes my lips appear full. The liner is smooth to apply and blends easily to the lip color I place on top.

Overall I really love this lipliner and I think it will become a new staple in my makeup arsenal. This liner only set me back $2.29. Makeup products DO NOT have to be expensive to be a nice quality and I can not wait to get my hands on more of these liners.
Another great thing to note is that these liners come packaged in plastic at the store. This does mean you can't swatch them in store, BUT it means that these pencils will be hygienic and clean when you use them for the first time. Good stuff!

Do you own any Jordana lip pencils??

xxSJ

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic details. Appreciate it pertaining to delivering you such a helpful details. Sustain the favorable function in addition to proceed delivering you more top quality details every now and then.Lip Pencil and Liner

    ReplyDelete