Monday, March 24, 2014

Youtube Favorite: NYX Powder Blush in 'Bourgeois Pig'

I spend much of my spare time researching makeup products as a hobby...I can't explain it, buuuuuut I love it. I have many a Youtube beauty subscription to feed this obsession of mine and I buy certain products simply because a certain beauty guru raves about it. I thought I'd start a new blog series titled 'Youtube Favorite' which basically means youtube made me buy it....whoops!
My first product I'm reviewing for this series is a blush raved about by the girls on the EleventhGorgeous channel. It is the NYX blush in 'Bourgeois Pig:'
In buying this blush I was definitely biased toward loving it since I freakin' love the word 'bourgeois' and I especially love when people use the slang 'bourgey.' Yes...just, yes.
NYX blushes come in a lightweight shiny plastic container and have an adorable quilted design stamped on them. They are extremely affordable coming in at $5.99 a pop and NYX cosmetics is almost always having a buy one get one 50% off sale. Also, maybe I'm a germaphobe, but NYX blushes come shrink-wrapped so you know no one's been swatching up a storm with your blush before you get a chance to use it.
This stuff is PIGMENTED! Wowza. One quick swipe of my finger left my arm nice and pinked up. The formula is extremely soft and nearly creamy feeling rather than chalky meaning this stuff can be easily blendable on the skin. Be wary that if you pick up too much of this with your makeup brush you may have some clown cheeks!
Here is a very sheer amount of this blush on my cheeks... It leaves my cheeks appearing flushed and is quite pretty but I have to repeat myself: be careful you don't pick an ultra dense brush to apply this stuff and make sure to tap off any excess product before putting this on your cheeks. This can very easily shift into clown territory with the amount of pink on your cheeks!!
Overall I like this blush a lot and I think this is a win for the girls at EleventhGorgeous. I'm glad I purchased this and will definitely be wearing it through the year!

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment