Sunday, March 16, 2014

Out the Door vs Seche Vite Top Coat: Which one will reign supreme??

Today's post is my take on two extremely popular top coats: Seche Vite and inm's Out the Door.  Both are quick drying polishes and I used to have an infatuation with Seche Vite because it dried super fast and left a gel like finish on my nails. I recently become a lover of Out the Door and I'll let you know why:
Both products come with roughly the same amount of polish inside but Seche Vite will set you back about $10. Out the door is usually around $3-$4. Even if these were the exact same price (or if Out the Door was MORE expensive) I would still prefer Out the Door for the following reasons:
-Out the Door dries to a hard chip resistant finish as fast as Seche Vite
-Out the Door does not have a shrinkage problem like Seche Vite where the tips of the nails start to recede (speaking of shrinkage: 'I was IN THE POOL!!!' Name that character!)
-Out the Door is a 3Free polish and doesn't contain any controversial or potentially harmful ingredients such as Tuolene or Formaldehyde
-Out the Door doesn't get hard and sticky at the bottom of the bottle. Seche Vite becomes impossible to use when you're only about half way done with the product
This is a bottle of Seche Vite upside down. Do you see that stuff at the top? Ya it's not going anywhere. When the product gets this low I know its time to toss it out because its useless.
The brush starts to get frayed at the ends as the product gets so tacky and gloppy.
Out the door polish remains smooth and just like new through the very end of the container. The brush is also a bit bigger than Seche Vite's meaning you can spread the product across more of the nail in less strokes.

Overall, Out the Door takes the cake in my opinion. Its cheaper, doesn't dry up, doesn't have the controversy surrounding it, and it leaves a beautiful finish on the nail. If you haven't checked out this top coat yet, I highly recommend it. I have seen Out the Door at various drugstores, Target, and Bed Bath and Beyond so go get you some!

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment