Friday, March 14, 2014

Jordana Fabuliner Liquid Eyeliner in 01 Black

This stuff. This stuff RIGHT here is what made me seek out and go into my first Walgreen's. I'm all about breaking down barriers and experiencing new things so what was it that made me venture out of my CVS and Target comfort zone? The Jordana Fabuliner liquid eyeliner:
This stuff is popular in the beauty community and after the death of my Stila stay all day liquid eyeliner I've been on the search for a good replacement at a better cost than the steep $20 price tag. At $1.99, this Jordana liner certainly has Stila beat in price:
The packaging and appearance of the product is really similar with its sleek plastic casing and felt tip pen. The cap snaps closed really tightly so any concern about black eyeliner getting everywhere in a purse or a makeup bag disappeared!
The tip comes to a super skinny point giving you ultimate control of where this eyeliner goes. I like that! The thing I noticed when I swatched this bad boy is that the tip of the pen is VERY stiff. There is no give whatsoever which is a huge differentiation between this and the Stila pen.
Here is the Jordana liner swatched next to other faves of mine: Stila liquid eyeliner, Revlon colorstay liquid liner, and Urban Decay Perversion 24/7 eyeliner pencil. As far as color is concerned, this liner keeps up with the A team. It may not be as inky black as the Stila pen, but the differences are pretty minimal. I think it certainly knocks the gray toned Revlon out of the park.
When applying to my lash line, I definitely noticed the stiffness of the applicator... it was very pointy and required a light touch so I wouldn't poke my eyeball! That may take some getting used to but the overall effect I think is similar to the Stila stay all day liquid eyeliner pen. This stuff didn't smudge or budge after application and it stayed inky black all day. Also the firm tip gave me a very precise hand when applying so I could apply my winged out liner exactly how I wanted.

I'll have to wait and see how long this product takes to dry up, but as of now, it definitely has become a new favorite of mine and a product I will be repurchasing!

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment