Tuesday, March 11, 2014

NOTD: Essie 'Fashion Playground'

Gahhhhh I love this type of nail color! Let me contain my excitement for a sec and say that today's nail of the day is from the newest Essie collection. I allowed myself to get one color from this collection and I selected 'Fashion Playground:'
Essie describes this color as a 'plucky pistachio shimmer.' I think that's a pretty good description of this color with perhaps some minty blue thrown in the mix. I am SO attracted to colors like these, I just can't help myself! Something about them just screams Spring and gets me so excited for the upcoming season.
Though Essie describes this color as a shimmer, I really don't consider it so. You can see the shimmer if you look reaaaaally closely and also if the color is struck a certain way by some lighting. Otherwise, I consider this more of a creamy shade.
This color took 3 coats in some places for full opacity which wasn't so great. The color was very runny and sheer and a bit hard to work with. For me, the color is so gorgeous that a rougher application process is not a deterrent.

I found this polish at Walgreen's for about $8. Get it if you see it because this 'plucky pistachio' is one of the more popular colors from the new collection and will be gone before you know it!

Cheers to the upcoming Spring!
xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment