Sunday, March 9, 2014

Review: Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in 'Peony'

Today's review is of a lipgloss I picked up completely on a whim during my last visit to the drugstore. My 'on a whim' purchases are kind of crazy as I usually research products fairly well before purchasing...but sometimes when I see something I think is particularly pretty it's like I'm possessed. My eyes glaze over and all I can hear is 'pretty...sparkly...must touch' and with my blank expression plastered across my face, my arm (which I obviously have no control over whatsoever) grabs at the product and shoves it in my shopper.  When a product is in my shopping bag I have an established connection and relationship with it and it can't go back on the shelf. It's pathetic. But the truth. I have touched it and therefore I now must have it.  Anyway, all of the above happened when I saw the Revlon Colorburst lipgloss in 'Peony:'
See? Gorgeous. Go ahead and say 'gorgeous' with a New Jersey accent. Come on, don't be shy.  It's satisfying and it's what I want to do when I look at this lipgloss.  The packaging is this thick acrylic feeling plastic with a quilted black twist cap.  It's very sleek and pretty. 
The applicator is a nice spongey paddle tip applicator. Lerrrrrrv. It glosses the product on nice and smooth and its precise enough to get the product into the corners of your lips. Let's talk about the color for a sec:
Peony is a pretty peach color with peachy pink sparkles in it. I loveeee it. The consistency of this gloss is also great because its quite smooth (no globs here!) and has the perfect amount of stickiness to it so that it will stay on your lips and won't slide anywhere but you won't have any problems with your lips sticking together.
As you can see when I applied this gloss to my plain lips it adds just a little sparkle and a hint of color. This gloss really is best when on top of a lipstick. I want to wear it on top of corals and brighter pinks come Spring time for a really fresh look!

If everything in my life could be this beautiful peachy pink with golden reflects I would be so happy. Observe:
That's NARS Orgasm blush right there and as you can see, this lip gloss is that exact color. I'm always attracted to colors like these in the store and I'm so happy I have the right complexion to pull it off. These colors are so complimentary to a variety of skin tones but I like it best on me when I have a slight amount of color goin on on my skin. Hellooooo Spring and Summer!!

I found this lip gloss at Harmons in Bed Bath and Beyond for about $6. Good price for a large tube of product!

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment