Tuesday, March 25, 2014

NYX Butter Glosses: Worth the Hype?

One of the newer products to hit the shelves and take the beauty community by storm are the NYX Butter Glosses, so I knew I had to get my hands on some of these during my last trip to Ulta. The selection was seriously picked over but I managed to get my hands on two colors: Creme Brulee and Eclair:
Creme Brulee and Eclair
The packaging of these glosses is very minimalist and I really like it. The tubes are clear...yes, that is indeed the matte, creamy gloss within the tube! The cap is in a matching plastic to the color of the gloss. The size of these are roughly the same size as a MAC lipglass.
The applicators are small  doe foot applicators and I find them to be a really nice size. This gloss is so creamy and pigmented that you do need at least a tiny bit of precision when applying it!
Creme Brulee (on the left) is a peachy pink color while Eclair is a blue toned baby pink. I just realized that the Revlon lipsticks I reviewed a couple days ago are these exact colors... whoops! Clearly I'm feelin' this color scheme!
The product is super soft and applies like a dream. I really like that these colors are completely matte with no shimmer or glitters. Definitely not a look I will opt for all the time, however they are something a little different from what is already in my collection.
Top: Creme Brulee, Bottom: Eclair
These colors are a bit similar on the lips on their own and since they are matte, they are a bit bland with out a lipstick on underneath. I can't speak for the darker colors in this collection, but I definitely wouldn't wear these glosses on their own as it could create a rather washed out effect on my pale skin as the matte creaminess almost makes these colors milky.
Overall, I understand the hype. These butter glosses literally melt on my lips when I put them on and they mask all of my wrinkles and imperfections. I have grossly dry lips (tmi...don't currrrrr) and so I have to be careful that lip products I choose don't highlight any flakes or nastiness that could be forming on my lippies. This gloss does the trick as far as mattifying and evening out my skin. :)

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment