Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Balm blush in 'Frat Boy'

I have never had a product from The Balm before but I have always adored and admired their products from afar... does that make me a stalker? Maybe....do I care? Nope. The Balm is known for having the most adorable packaging and names for their products and I finally decided to get my hands on a blush I thought would suit me well: 'Frat Boy:'
Are you understanding what I'm tossin' out at you about the adorable packaging? The blush comes in a cardboard container about the size of my palm and includes a magnetic closure. Some people may think the cardboard looks cheap but I think it adds to the cuteness of the product. Also if you drop the blush, the cardboard will absorb much of the impact and avoid cracking!
Inside the compact there is a small mirror outlined by a football field design. Adorbs!!! 
And as I mentioned earlier, the compact shuts tight with magnets located within the cardboard. It's a satisfying snap shut and this blush will not open on its own if you have any concern about that... if you remain worried, you can keep the thin sleeve the product comes in to keep it shut.
Now onto the actual color and product after I've gotten my obsession with the packaging out of the way...the color is a peachy pink that I always lust after as it suits my complexion so well. This blush is fairly matte with only slight hints of shimmer in certain light...this shimmer does not translate to the skin. I liken this color to NARS Orgasm but with out all of the gold reflect. 
This blush is pigmented like crazy so using a light hand when applying this is key. Don't use a brush that will pick up and deposit boat loads of color... you might regret that as you will look a tad clownish!
Here is the blush on my cheek...it's so pretty and gives the perfect flushed look to my cheeks for Spring. 
This product retails for $21.00 (though you can find it for cheaper on Amazon...shhhhh!) and can be found at some Nordstrom's, on The Balm's website (www.thebalm.com), and sometimes for a steal on dailylook.com.  
$21 may seem like a lot but did you see on the first picture I took how much product you get? 8.5g! That's a ton! For reference, MAC blushes hold 6g of product and retail for $21 and NARS blushes hold 4.8g of product and retail for $30. 

All in all, this product is far more than adorable packaging. It houses a gorgeous blush that I think may be a go to for the Spring and Summer months (and it'll last for that long as well given the sheer amount of product in the container!).

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment