Sunday, March 9, 2014

NOTD: Essie 'Demure Vix'

Today's nail of the day is a polish by Essie called 'Demure Vix:'
I have a weird relationship with this polish....lemme explain. This is one of those nail polishes that looks SO gorgeous to me in the bottle, but then whenever I wear it I'm just like 'ehhhhhhh I don't like you nails!!!' This polish is a really pretty taupe-y purple shade. I LOVE colors like that and they are probably my favorite neutral shade for the nail. This polish is different though because of the following:
Do you see it? Do ya? This polish has tiny bright holographic purpley blue reflective shimmer suspended in the pretty purple base. This is the reason I originally bought this polish since it is so interesting and pretty in the bottle. It's not my favorite on the nails, though, because it just kind of looks like I have cellophane or plastic on my nails... I just don't like the finish :( This color is also a bit watery on application and see through in some spots adding to the cellophane appearance.  For some people this might be exactly their cup of tea and that's fantastic! For me, however, it's just not my favorite.
What do you think? Would you rock this purpley reflective color?

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment