Friday, February 7, 2014

Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal 24 Hour Eyeshadow in 'Inked in Pink'

A couple days ago in my review of the Smashbox cream eyeshadow in 'Quartz,' I mentioned I was looking for a good base to make my rosey Naked3 shadows pop. I have found yet another awesome option to achieve this with Maybelline's Color Tattoo Metal cream eyeshadow in 'Inked in Pink:'
This cream eyeshadow isn't just pinkish in hue, it is PIIIIIINK! I saw this and figured it would be absolutely perfect to layer under an eyeshadow I'm finding particularly difficult, the glittery color 'Dust.'
The creamy shadow is so buttery soft to the touch. I find it to be even softer than another color tattoo I have in the color 'Tough as Taupe.'
Swatchy swatch on my alabaster skin... as you can see this color shows up as bright as it appears in the pan. If the bright pink is what you're looking for then this is it! If you want something a little more muted, then I would pass unless you wanted to tone this down with a beige or champagne shadow layered on top.
L to R: Dust, Dust over Inked in Pink, Burnout, Burnout over Inked in Pink
Ahhhhh and here's the test I was looking to do! The very light color on the left (can you even see it???) is 'Dust' from the Naked 3 palette with no primer. The second color is Dust layered on top of Inked in Pink! The third color is Burnout on its own, and the last color is Burnout layered on top of Inked in Pink. Ladies and gentleman we have an eyeshadow miracle on our hands (literally... it's on my hand. And as I'm typing this, it's STILL on my hand. **Confessions of a beauty blogger***).


Overall, I'm loving this creamy eyeshadow. It is succeeding in exactly what I wanted to do which is make my pink shadows pop. I don't think this completely replaces the Smasbox shadow I reviewed a short while ago as that color remains more versatile than this bright pink. However, as far as getting pinks to show up nice and bright, Inked in Pink does the trick!

This cream eyeshadow goes for about $6 and can be found at multiple drugstores and Ulta. It tends to be sold out so if you see it don't hesitate to grab it before its gone!

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment