Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Review: Nivea A Kiss of Olive Oil and Lemon Lip Care

Today's review is of a new lip balm I'm trying out by the brand Nivea. I have been using the EOS little egg shaped lip balms for a while, but I realized they really weren't doing much for my dry lips. They would moisturize for about a half hour then my lips would get peely and dry again. I wanted to see if Nivea's Kiss of Moisture brand would suit me better:
The flavor I got was Olive Oil and Lemon... I was nervous about the flavor at first but it really tastes more like a lemon honey than olive oil! I find that this stuff works so much better for me than the EOS lip balms as it keeps my lips moisturized for a couple hours before I have to reapply.
Additionally, the ultra smooth consistency of this balm means that when I apply it, it doesn't tug on my lips at all and I can even smoothly apply it over lip sticks. The moisture gets drawn into my lips through any lip product I'm already wearing. I love that. Also don't let the green color fool you! This stuff applies crystal clear :)
Jake got in on the action when I was taking photos outside :)

Overall, I'm really pleased with this lip balm. It isn't long lasting enough to keep my lips moisturized through the night (still gotta rely on good ol' vaseline for that!) but this will definitely be replacing my EOS lip balms.

I found my Nivea Kiss of Moisture lip balm at Ulta for about $3. I haven't seen them elsewhere so keep your eyes peeled!

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment