Saturday, February 8, 2014

Review: Physician's Formula Super BB All-in-1 Beauty Balm Powder

Check the title....that's quite a mouthful, huh?  BB Creams have been all the rage for the past year and when I saw that Physician's Formula had a BB Powder I was too intrigued to pass it up.  This powder claims to be an 'All-In-1 Beauty Balm Powder' and includes diffusers, UVA/UVB protection, moisturizers, and brightening antioxidants.  Well sure, if this truly has all these benefits then sign me up!
The powder comes in a white compact with pretty reflective circles. The packaging is a shiny plastic and feels nice and weighty rather than flimsy and cheap.
I selected the color 'Light/Medium' because my only other option was Medium/Deep. Having only two colors for a beauty powder is rather limiting, I think, but if it works for my skin tone then I'll be happy!
Don't mind the stretching elephants! The bottom of the compact opens up to reveal a mirror on the underside and a small application brush. I tend to not use little applicators that come with products but the mirror may prove quite helpful and for people that do like to use the brushes then this is a definite plus!
Here is the powder swatched on the inside of my arm. It is sheered out on the left and more concentrated on the right patch. The powder is buttery soft to the touch and very silky smooth.

Oh and did I mention this BB Powder has SPF 30? For this pale skinned lass that is certainly music to my pale little ears!
To apply this powder to my skin, I used a fluffy powder blush that I swirled around in the powder and then pressed this powder into my skin over my foundation. Here is the succession of applying my makeup:
Left photo: Absolutely no makeup on...Gasp! Right photo: Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation
Left Photo: Super BB Powder applied over foundation Right Photo: Contouring and brows added

I really like the way this powder applied. It certainly had a diffusing effect which blurred out imperfections and evened out the color of my skin. The powder actually added a bit of color to my skin and if I had a choice, I would choose one shade lighter for my skin. The color I have will certainly work, though, and it will be stunning in the summer time.
Overall I really like this powder. I had my eyes on the Hourglass powders but I think this powder is a cheaper alternative for a similar effect.
Speaking of price, I found this powder for $11.99 at Bed Bath & Beyond. Kind of steep for drugstore but I trust the quality of Physician's Formula and the effect the powder gives is lovely.
Two thumbs way up for Super BB Powder! I know...its backwards in this picture...selfie fail.

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment