Sunday, February 2, 2014

Review: Maybelline Color Whisper in 'Lust For Blush'

Move over lip butters cuz this girls got a new lip fave!  Maybelline's Color Whisper lippies have dethroned my beloved Revlon Lip Butters and here's why:
-they are super creamy
-they apply a nice wash of color with pigmentation somewhere between a lipstick and a balm (a bit less sheer than the lip butters in my opinion)
-the packaging is sleek and adorbs (let's be honest, it kind of matters)
The clear packaging is in the shade of the lippie it holds inside. The cap pops on and off with a super satisfying 'snap' closure. 'Snap!' 'Pop!' Don't you just love onomatopoeias? 

The color I've been wearing lately is the pretty pink 'Lust For Blush:"
This medium pale pink is perfect for my paler complexion.  It is slightly peachy and I feel like it has both warm and cool tones to it...is that even possible? I don't know...but I think that is what makes this color so pretty! Time to get my swatch on....
Lovely! The lippie itself is super creamy and really pigmented for a light pink. I love how moisturizing this product is as well... I have quite dry lips so sometimes even satin finish lipsticks can appear dry on my flaked lips. Sad days :( This lippie has the capacity to smooth out my lip imperfections and is light enough not to settle in the wrinkles or cracked skin.  Hooray for a kissable mouth!
When I swatched this color and wore it a couple times, I couldn't help but notice it was VERY similar to one of my all time favorite MAC lipsticks, 'Angel.' Have a looksie:
I swatched the Maybelline Color Whisper, MAC's Angel, and MAC's Creme Cup so I could compare. Creme Cup is really not all that similar as it is a bit darker and more mauve. Angel and Lust For Blush are super similar though so I am pleased to find a dupe for a $15 lipstick!

Maybelline Color Whispers are about $5 and you can frequently find drugstore brands on discount or buy one get one 50% off! I can't wait to get my hands on some more of these Color Whispers... also can we talk about the name 'Color Whisper' for a sec? Cuz I kinda love it. It's like a hint or a whisper of color for your lips... I see what you did there Maybelline, you go Maybelline!
This is me gettin' my 'Lust For Blush' pout on.... well? Have you run out and bought yours yet?

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment