Monday, February 17, 2014

Review: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 'Honey'

Alright folks. I am WAY late on the lip crayon craze. Clinique started this trend with their chubby sticks many seasons ago and the drug store brands quickly followed suit with their staining lip crayons. I decided to try the Revlon version of this trend:
I chose the pretty pink color, 'Honey.' I thought this was kind of the most neutral color for my skin tone and the safest bet for me to get a good feel for this product. The reason I call these lippies 'crayons' is because of the applicator:
Do you see the crayon-ness of this product? I think the concept is pretty cool because the pointy tip gives a more precise application than a regular lipstick. When the tip wears down you simply twist the bottom for more crayon to rise up.
Here is the color swatched on my skin. The color isn't creamy at all but more of a glossy stain. This definitely is a stain and will leave some color on your lips when you remove it. I love this because as long as the color wears off evenly, you are left with pretty tinted lips even as your lip gloss wears off.
Here are my lips with 'Honey' applied. As you can see, it is a very pretty berry color. What I love is you really can't see a product on my lips if that makes sense, but rather it looks like my lips have a gorgeous natural flush to them. Something to note is that this product smells quite minty! There is no minty taste once its on your lips, however.

I need to get my hands on more of these lip crayons because I'm in love.  Simple, practical packaging, awesome application, beautiful color pay-off, and fantastic wear time. This is definitely a hit.
I see these products priced anywhere from $6 to $10 a stick so make sure you shop around a bit for a good price! I definitely recommend this color 'Honey,' as a first lip crayon since it is such a great everyday color and I think it would look gorgeous on all sorts of skin tones.

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment