Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Review: Smashbox Limitless 15 Hour Wear Cream Eyeshadow in 'Quartz'

Today's review is of a product that I bought on a bit of a whim and with very little research done prior! Rarely do I buy something with out looking into the product first to make sure I'm not wasting my money, but I went ahead and let myself purchase the Smashbox Limitless 15 Hour Wear Cream Eyeshadow in the color 'Quartz' after falling in love with the swatch in store:
The cream shadow comes in a little glass pot with a matte black lid on top. These are breakable so make sure to not drop or mishandle these little jars! Compared next to a MAC paint pot, you can see that the little jars the product comes in are exactly the same! The only difference between the two is the shape of the lid:
The color I chose is 'Quartz,' a shimmery rose gold color:
The color shows up more beigey peach in certain lighting and more pink in others but trust me, this is a pink color and will show up as such on your lids!
Gettin' my swatch on.  The consistency of this cream eyeshadow is very similar to that of a paint pot. Definitely not thick by any means but a nice light cream that glides on the skin easily. Any thickness when applied will lead to creasing so a formula where you can avoid that is key!
I wanted a pinky base color for a specific purpose and that purpose was to tackle a problem I was having with my brand new Naked3 palette. The rose gold palette is beautiful but unfortunately I found some colors to have a lot of fallout and I didn't feel like I was getting the rose gold drama I was looking for. I thought this Quartz color would work as a fantastic base for the Naked3 shadows to bring out the pink tones and make the colors far more bright!
I was incredibly pleased with the result! The colors showed up on my lid vibrant as ever and, as promised, the colors stayed creaseless on top of the Smashbox cream eyeshadow. I did wear this on top of UD Primer Potion for safe measure (these oily lids of mine aren't very forgiving!) but I was still surprised and pleased by the wear time of the cream shadow.

Smashbox is a brand developed for professional photography settings so the products are formulated with long wear-time and lighting in mind. I'm relatively new to the brand but I'm loving what I've tried so far.

The Limitless 15 Hour Wear Cream Eyeshadows are $20 for 5g of product. I think the price is worth it as cream eyeshadows generally last a long time and the uniqueness of this pink color makes for a good addition to my collection.

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment