Sunday, February 9, 2014

NOTD: Butter London 'Pillar Box Red'

Today's nail of the day is a polish I've had for at least a year but I've never worn it...is that sad? I think it's kinda sad...welp. This little polish had its day recently when I plucked it out of its shelf and painted it on my nails! It's the color 'Pillar Box Red' by Butter London:
This is the type of red I refer to as Wonder Woman Red! Why? Because this is an orange-hued red that I connect with the bright comics and red bodice worn by Wonder Woman...duh.
Why haven't I worn this red ever, you may ask? Mostly because I gravitate toward deeper reds or blue-toned reds... I always am scared that orange undertones will look freaky on me! But then every time I put them on I'm like 'oh that looks nice actually...' As for this nail polish? I put it on and said 'oh that looks nice, actually....'
This polish is bright, shiny, and it has lasted absolutely chip free for 3 days. LOVE! I have bad luck with some Butter London polishes so the lasting power of this guy is awesome. The application of this polish was awesome. Two very thin coats was all it took to make a completely smooth and opaque finish.  think I will definitely grab this polish again next time I want to wear some red...I was pleasantly surprised by how nice this red looked on my fingers and the lasting power is stress and bother free!

Butter London polishes are $15 for 0.4oz of product. Expensive for sure, so pass on this polish if you already have a similar color!


xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment