Friday, February 21, 2014

Review: Cover Girl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm 'Wild Watermelon'

I'm officially on the lip crayon bandwagon. After loving Revlon's version of this trend, I decided I wanted to try Cover Girl's Jumbo Gloss Balms. The most well known and loved color from the line is Wild Watermelon, so I thought I'd give this bright pink a try:
The shiny packaging is super cute with the color of the crayon indicated by the cap.  Same as with the Revlon crayons, the bottom twists to give you more product as the crayon wears down.
The product is very soft and glossy when applied to the skin.  As you can see, this is quite the bright pink and shows up as such on the lips.
Something to note is that I really do NOT LIKE how this product smells. Contrary to the minty smell of the Revlon lip crayon, this product smells like plastic or a crayola crayon. It's not appealing and I wasn't looking forward to putting this on my lips.
This product has a really nice application on the lips. Really easy to control the color application and no blotchiness whatsoever! For a color so bright, an even wash of color is super important. The crayon smell wore off through out the day when I was wearing this, however I don't know if I can get past the initial smell this has... the color truly is lovely, but I don't know if the smell will be so offputting that I'll never grab for this.

Decisions decisions.... if smells don't bother you, I'd say go for this product! It looks really nice on the lips and its so easy to use! Pass on this if you're sensitive to strong smells.

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment