Saturday, June 14, 2014

Life on a Budget: Essence Eyeshadows

Do any of you have a color that catches your eye and you're just drawn to it? For me, its peach.  I spotted this peach eyeshadow on the Essence display and racked my mind for what I've heard about Essence eyeshadows in the past. I couldn't remember much, but these shadows are only about $2 a pop so I figured I'd live a little and buy the peach shadow along with a pretty taupe to go with it!
The packaging is clear acrylic which is great for seeing the color inside. These containers are kind of hard to open which is fine by me because I hate it when eyeshadows or powders pop open on their own! I don't want anything denting my shadows or shadow cracking and going everywhere!
The taupe shadow is a metallic shade called 'Party All Night' and the peachy color is a shimmery color called 'Peach Beach.' 
The designs printed on the shadows are kind of space or futuristic looking to me! I noticed that the Party All Night shade had a bit of a metallic spray to it that came off when I swatched it. It seems as you get past the first layer of this shadow it will be less of a metallic finish. I didn't notice this overlay on the Peach Beach shadow.
Here are the shadows swatched with a primed wrist! They are very pigmented as you can see! I'm a bit disappointed with the Peach Beach color as I thought you would be able to see more of a peach or pink hue. It definitely shows up as a gold!  These shadows are apparently two different finishes according to the back of the 2.5g containers. The taupe is a metallic finish while the peach is holographic. I really didn't notice a difference between the consistency or finish to the shadows though.
I used the Peach Beach all over my lid and placed the Party All Night color on my crease. The colors show up much more subtle when you use a brush to apply them. It was a very pretty and neutral look that I think would be far more intense and metallic if you used your fingers to apply these.  These colors lasted all day on my lids with no creasing over the top of UD Primer Potion.
Overall I'm really pleased with these inexpensive eyeshadows!  Peach Beach was on sale for $1.29 while Party All Night was $2.29. I could see myself reaching for these multiple times as I like the look they gave my eyes. Party All Night also looks like one of those colors that can be swept all over the lid and crease on its own but still look like you used multiple colors for your look. I love lazy day colors like those!
I am a happy camper with my new shades!

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment