Thursday, June 19, 2014

Youtube Favorite: Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl in 'Nude'

This product has been so hyped by some of my favorite beauty girls on youtube its unreal! It is the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Eye Kohl in the color nude.  Now you might be wondering, 'A nude eyeliner??? What the heck are ya supposed to do with a nude eyeliner??' Well let me tell you, not much. The purpose of nude or light colored eyeliners is to make your eyes look bigger by tightlining your upper lash line or lining your lower waterline. The nude color makes your lids kind of blend in with your eyeballs and creates the illusion of bigger, brighter eyes.
The concept is awesome and I've found it really does work. When I want to create the illusion of big and bright eyes, I usually just dab some light shadow on my waterline and it does the trick.  A pencil would be so much easier than precisely tapping shadow onto my lid, so I gave this product  a shot.  
This product is inexpensive at only $4. When I swatched it and played with the color it was very creamy (important for eye products! You don't want to have to pull on your delicate eye area too much if a product is too stiff!) and had nice pigmentation.
When I applied this to my waterline, I noticed it went on smoothly and gave that brightening effect that its supposed to create.
HOWEVER. Less than an hour later, this product was completely GONE. This is not a waterproof product because the wetness of my own eyes removed this right away from my eyeline. I know that the waterline is a tough area to maintain color or products, but its doable. This product unfortunately just doesn't get the job done. It might work for photos since it gives an immediate but short effect, but for day to day wear, this won't be a staple for me.

I'm so disappointed! I always feel kind of duped when a product is recommended by multiple people and it just doesn't work for me. It feels like a terrible joke.
I'll just have to stick with using my good old fashioned light eyeshadow in the waterline trick if I'm looking to create that doe-eyed effect!
xxSJ


No comments:

Post a Comment