Sunday, June 1, 2014

NARS Lipgloss: Tasmania

I just recently posted about my first experience with NARS' reformulated lip glosses. I got the mini gloss in 'Orgasm' to try out and see if these new glosses are something I'd like (read that review HERE). To sum up my feelings about the new NARS glosses:
Yea. I like em. I decided to splurge and buy another color from the line. I settled on the color 'Tasmania,' one of the newly formulated colors:
This color is described as a 'cantaloupe pink' and that hits the nail on the head! This gloss is a bright pink that is muted a bit by a peachy orange tint to it. Its gorgeous in the shiny acrylic container. 
The applicator is a really nice spongy doe-foot applicator that at first I was displeased with. This applicator does NOT allow you to get much product out of the tube as the opening is a tight fit for the wand. At first I thought 'what the hell, NARS? How am I supposed to get glossed up with out any product coming out?' but then after playing with this product for a bit I realized that the small amount you get on the wand is just enough to cover your entire bottom lip. Then you can press your lips together to transfer the right amount to your top lip, then dip the wand in again for touch ups. 
The color is not ultra-pigmented but I like that it comes across as a soft pink creme. Its perfect for days when you want to get the job done quickly and not fuss over a mirrored application. 
This gloss is pretty sheer on its own, though I like the juicy, plumping effect it gives my lips as well as the slight color tint. I find this gloss works great over light pink lipsticks to make the color pop a bit more and it actually works fantastic if you line your lips and fill them in a bit and then put the color over that. It makes this pretty cantaloupe color really stand out and allows the gloss to be the hero of your makeup look!

This lip gloss is a $26 gloss which is really steep. I get about 3 hours of wear time out of the gloss which I find is pretty good and it doesn't leave my lips feeling dry. This gloss has no scent (a perk of the reformulation) and is quite comfortable to wear. I find it to be far less sticky than MAC lipglasses and it doesn't settle into any fine lines or build up around the edges of your lips like the NYX butter glosses can. This is a luxury gloss that will feel luxurious on your lips. I don't know if I'll be splurging for another one of these babies anytime soon, but I am certainly happy with this color for now.

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment