Sunday, June 8, 2014

Steph Reads: Book Haul!

I recently purchased some more books that I thought I'd share with you all! I'm reading as much as possible before I go to school because I know my time will be spent pouring myself into textbooks and notes rather than chick-lits, thrillers, and young adult fiction. For now, I'm spoiling myself with some fun reads :)

Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn: I fell in love with Flynn's writing style while reading Gone Girl. I find it simply mesmerizing! Sharp Objects is Flynn's debut novel, a thriller about a girl returning to the small town she grew up in to investigate two murders.  As she unlocks clues to the homicides, secrets from the girl's troubling past are revealed. I know this story might not be so happy-go-lucky, but I'm looking forward to the different type of book this might play out to be!

What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty: This book should end up being a TOTAL chick-lit and I'm SO looking forward to it! What Alice Forgot is about a twenty-nine year old woman, married to the love of her life, and about to give birth to her first child...except one day after taking a fall, Alice wakes up and is thirty-nine, in the midst of a divorce, and has 3 children. What happened in the last 10 years to get Alice to where she is now?

The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty: This novel is about a husband who writes a letter to his wife revealing a secret to her should he pass away before her. The problem is, the wife finds this letter and reads it while the husband is still alive.  What is this secret and how will it effect their relationship?

I'm thinking I might need to start reading books electronically since all these books are taking up a lot of space I don't have and are quite costly!
Either way, I'm gonna keep reading...cuz reading is sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment