Saturday, June 14, 2014

Spotlight on: MAC Lovelorn Lipstick

Things I don't need more of: Nail polish, eyeshadow, pounds on my body, high-heels, scarves...and lipstick. Sometimes, though, you have a bit of a relapse and you need to just shove a cupcake in your mouth...ooooooor wander into the MAC store. Go ahead, judge me.
Are you done? Good. On with the lipstick lovin'!  
Sometimes when I wander into MAC, I know immediately what I'm leaving with because there is a product that I just can't stop touching and I'm drawn to like a helpless little insect to a bug zapper. This trip, it was Lovelorn lipstick. It just looked so perfect and pretty among all the other beautiful MAC lipsticks that I couldn't keep my hands to myself! 
Lovelorn is a bright mauve-pink. It is a couple shades darker than MAC Angel/Maybelline Lust for Blush/Revlon Primrose and far more saturated with color. It is a lustre finish which is my favorite finish of lipstick. The color glides on easily, doesn't settle unfortunately into fine lines, and wears for plenty of time with out smearing everywhere. It also fades nicely and evenly instead of patchy or leaving a lovely rim around the edges of your lips.  
This color is actually really similar to the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in 'Elusive' (Pictures!), except instead of a matte finish, this lipstick has a nice sheen to it. This lipstick won't stand up to eating and drinking as well as the matte balm does, but it will have a different, more glossy finish. 
It's so pretty and I'm so happy with this purchase! I think this will definitely get its fair share of use in the coming months.

MAC lipsticks are $16 per tube. Though expensive compared to drugstore prices, MAC lipsticks are far cheaper than other high-end brands you may find at Sephora such as NARS ($26 per tube), BITE Beauty ($24 per tube), or YSL ($34 a tube). I think a MAC lipstick is worth it if its a color you'll get some wear out of.

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment