Tuesday, June 10, 2014

NOTD: Butter London 'Fairy Lights'

Today's nail of the day is a Butter London color that definitely has a wow-factor, but I tire of it quickly. It is Butter London's Fairy Lights and I just can't seem to like this color for more than a couple hours time. This is a color I will sadly be leaving at home when I move to NY because, though it looks stunning in the bottle and when first applied, the metallic foil gets oh-so-tiresome to look at after a while.  
This bright pink foil polish literally looks like aluminum foil on your nails with a pink tint. In some lights, the pink can turn magenta and even appear purple. I think I would actually like this color much more if it was lighter. The brightness of the color mixed with the intense finish together make this color hard for me to swallow, I think.
The positives to this polish are the adorable name and the solid wear time (4 days chip free!). 
Butter London polishes are expensive ($15...yikes!). Though they are a 3-Free nail lacquer and thus apparently have all sorts of benefits for your nails, make sure you're in love with a color before making a purchase. This is one of those colors I unfortunately regret.

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment