Monday, April 14, 2014

Revlon Colurburst Matte Balm in 'Elusive'

I tend to run in the opposite direction when I encounter anything matte for the lips. The acne medecine I use on my skin makes my lips extremely dry and flaky and matte lip products tend to accentuate that. After hearing much praise about the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms and liking my Kissable Balm Stain so much I decided to give this matte lip crayon a shot:
I chose the color 'Elusive' as it was to me the most neutral color in the bunch. I just wanted to try out one color at first to decide whether or not I like these and I felt this would be a good indicator of the rest of the pack.
These matte balms are in a crayon type packaging which I really like since there is no fuss with having to sharpen anything. They simply twist up from the bottom as you need more product!  I was so pleased to find that my local Harmon's had just received a new shipment of these bad boys so none of them had been touched or swatched already by other people.
This swatch freaked me out. This is a lot of pigment of a very beautiful color, but to me, this swatch made the product appear very dry. The consistency of the product is quite creamy and thicker than lip products I usually gravitate toward. I tentatively put this product on my lips...
And I FREAKIN' love it!!!! This stuff is certainly matte but not in an overly matte, drying way. This stuff still has moisture to it and kind of feels like a balm or chapstick to me when I wear it. It's really comfortable to wear and not drying at all. I also think the color is just lovely. It's a perfect princess pink color that brings some life to my otherwise  pale lips. Also this balm somehow completely smooths out my lip texture rather than bringing attention to my cracks and crevices. The wear time is about 4 hours and it won't slip or feather out away from your lips.

The final verdict is that I need more of these Matte Balms in my life. Revlon, you killed it!

The Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms can be found at drugstores and Target for about $8 a pop.

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment