Friday, April 11, 2014

Bobbi Brown Blush in 'Apricot'

You know that 'aaaaaahhhhhh' noise a bodiless angel chorus makes when a character in a movie opens a book or something miracle-like happens?
Yeah, something like that?
That happened when I opened the box containing my brand new Bobbi Brown blush for the first time.
Gahhhhhhhh this is another one of those products that I just want to hold and stare at, maybe even more than I want to actually use it. That's when you know obsession has overtaken a simple hobby. Oh well!

This Bobbi Brown blush comes in sleek, shiny, black plastic packaging with a see-through window to peek at the blush within.
No mirror in this compact! It is a bit small for a mirror anyway so I don't mind! In fact I really like the minimalistic packaging.
The color I chose is Apricot, a very bright peachy pink color. This was the most unique of the blushes I saw from this line and I just had to have it!
This blush is PIG-MEN-TED! A light dusting on the cheek gives such a pretty flush on the cheeks. It is the perfect tone for my skin where it makes me look more peachy rather than red. I have a lot of pink undertones in my skin so I don't like it when blushes highlight that lovely quality of mine (sarcasm..do ya sense it?).  The product is super soft but not in a chalky way. I would use a natural fiber brush to apply this to make sure I don't pick up too much product.
Annnnnd here comes my only gripe with this beautiful product. Do you see how much blush this contains? 3.8g. That's tinyyyyyyy! The only thing I keep reminding myself to remain okay with the fact I purchased a teeny $26 blush is that it's so pigmented it will last quite a long time despite its small size.

Overall I'm very pleased with this little blush. It's a perfect color for the Spring and Summer and I think it would be very flattering on all skin tones. Also, I freakin' love Bobbi Brown's makeup brand. Bobbi Brown is a BAMF and I suggest reading up on her if you don't know much about the namesake of this company. She's all about bringing out in women what makes them individually beautiful and highlighting natural beauty rather than covering up imperfections. Beautiful products, beautiful sentiment.

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment