Monday, April 21, 2014

Steph Reads: Book Haul!

I picked up some books recently and wanted to share what I'm reading! Grad school is fast approaching which means I have to get in my leisurely reading while I still can!
1) Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn: This book is about a wife who mysteriously goes missing and all eyes are on the husband as the suspected killer. Told from a couple different point of views, this book is apparently filled with twists and unexpected turns that I can't wait to dive into! I haven't read many suspense or mystery novels in the past so this should be a nice change for me. It's also been adapted into a movie so I need to finish that before the film's release!

2) Splintered by A.G. Howard: I am a huge fan of anything Alice in Wonderland related so of course I had to pick this up. This book is about a distant descendent of THE Alice who inspired Carroll's now famous tales of her adventures in Wonderland. It is up to the protagonist of the story, Alyssa, to fix all the mistakes that Alice made in Wonderland to lift a curse placed on the family during Alice's visit many years ago. Everything in Wonderland is a little bit different and twisted than Carroll's fun tales though...

3) Uninvited by Sophie Jordan: In this dystopian novel, a kill gene has been identified that reveals if someone is destined to be a murderer. These people are ostracized in order to keep peace within the community and the main character of this story, a girl who has everything going for her, finds out via a genetics test that she has this gene. The story follows her becoming an outcast and what happens to someone who knows they are destined to kill.

I am so excited to dive into all of these books! Expect some book reviews in the near future!

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment