Monday, April 7, 2014

Tarte Amazonion Clay 12-Hour Blush in 'Dollface'

I finally broke down and bought a blush I've been lusting after for at least 2 years. It is the award winning Tarte Amazonion Clay 12-hour blush. Tarte claims that this blush is chalk-full of benefits because of the Amazonion clay used in the formula. It is reported to be suitable for all skin types and create an overall smoother appearing skin.  I don't know about those skin benefits, but I do now that this clay blush is certainly long wearing and beautiful. I selected the color 'Dollface:'
The packaging is so great with these blushes. It is a rather heavy plastic that feels durable in your hand and the color of the compact matches the blush inside. This is awesome because if you have multiple blushes you can grab for the color you want easily!
There is a full mirror included in the compact and no wasted space given to a cheap throwaway brush!
Embossed in the packaging is an abstract little picture with a river and some branches to represent the Amazon. So cute!
The formula isn't necessarily super buttery soft or anything but it is pigmented and applies really nicely. My brush picks up and deposits the perfect amount of product onto my skin. I find it easy to blend and to use overall.
This blush has 5.6g of product which is just shy of what you get in a MAC blush (6g). I think that's a fair amount and I think the mirror in this blush trumps the MAC packaging.  Additionally, this packaging is awesome because the blush is incredibly easy to de-pot to add to a Z-palette. You just have to stick a pin into the little hole on the top of the back and the blush will pop right out! That's the power of magnets, son!
Also if it matters to you, Tarte is a cruelty-free makeup brand :) I love bunnies!

Overall I'm so happy I have this blush in my collection now. It's a soft baby doll pink that will be perfect for everyday wear! I want to pick up more blushes from this line, for sure.

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment