Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Youtube Favorite: NYX Powder Blush in 'Peach'

Another blush in another YouTube made me buy it post! Today's blush is NYX's 'Peach' blush and I purchased this at the same time I bought 'Bourgeois Pig' during a BOGO sale. Seriously, don't buy NYX when it's not BOGO!
I purchased 'Peach' because Amarixe on YouTube frequently uses this blush in tutorials and blog posts so I thought I'd give it a shot:
I love NYX's quilted design on their blushes. I think it looks lovely!
Whoah there, son.... is it just me or does this blush look super bright pink and dark? This blush is advertised as a soft baby pink and that's not exactly what I'm seeing when this is swatched. Just like with Bourgeois Pig, it is super important to be light handed with this stuff. It is meant to be worn sheered out on the cheeks, otherwise: clown face.
I decided to compare with Bourgeois Pig and thank goodness these blushes ended up being quite different! Sheered out on the left in the above picture is Bourgeois Pig and on the right is 'Peach.' It all depends on what look you're going for but I think I will be reaching for 'Peach' more often. The subtle look is the look for me :)
I think this YouTube favorite trumps Bourgeois Pig as far as which one I'll be grabbing for more often! Both are good blushes to have in a collection, but I think I prefer this one as far as wearability is concerned.
What are you NYX blush recommendations?

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment