Saturday, April 12, 2014

NOTD: Essie 'Tart Deco'

Guess who's excited for Spring?? This girl right here. Today's nail of the day is a perfectly Springy color that I got SOOO many compliments on when I wore it! It is Essie's Tart Deco:
I haven't worn this color in easily over a year and it's because it looks suspiciously orange in the bottle. This color also shows up kind of dark pumpkin orange under un-natural lighting and it isn't all that pretty to be honest, BUT in natural lighting this color is the prettiest light pastel orange color. 
This color was a bit difficult to apply for me and took 3 coats to achieve opacity...I'm thinking that might be because it has been sitting for so long but maybe that's just the formula of this guy. I'm not entirely sure. I think the pretty orange you get as a result from the slightly difficult application is worth the minor struggle.
Essie polishes cost about $8 a bottle and can be found at Ulta, some drugstores, and Target. 
Tart Deco. Go get you some of dat because its the perfect pastel orange and I don't know why I haven't busted this out more often! 
Actually, I think I do know why. Orange is my sister's husband's favorite color so its kind of become their color to wear. I tend to gravitate toward other colors just because Orange is more my sister's 'thing.' It's kind of a Gretchen Weiners from Mean Girls and hoops situation...

Mean Girls reference achieved. This day is now complete.
xxSJ

1 comment:

  1. i just bought this yesterday and i am so excited about this color. perfect for summer

    ReplyDelete